Saturday, July 20, 2013

Learning my cat's language

So let introduce you to my little cat.


Her name is Meredith and she has one fang only because she broke her other one.  The picture above is her showing off her one fang.  She has terrible teeth and it's not my fault.  I remind her to brush every day, but she doesn't listen!  (Actually the vet said that sometimes shelter kitties get a virus which cause weak teeth and she suspects that is what happened with Meredith).   Anyway, she likes to get on places and generally knock over as much shit as she can.   Today I learned her language.  

She was sitting on top of my counter top ice maker (shut up, I know it's stupid, but I LOVE it).  Here was the conversation that followed:

Me: Meredith GET Down

Her (laying in that way that cats lay with her hips sticking up): Meow 

Me: GET DOWN

Her: Meow

I grab her and put her on the floor and she says : Meeeeoooooowwwww

My first thought is that Meow means "no."  But she says it when she wants food too, and when Peter and I leave her.  Then I realized.  It's not "no."  It's "fuck you."  Let me demonstrate the above conversation using the translation:


Me: Meredith GET Down

Her (laying in that way that cats lay with her hips sticking up): Fuck you 

Me: GET DOWN

Her: Fuck you

I grab her and put her on the floor and she says : Fuck youuuuuuuuuuu

See?  It works.  That little bitch is not only talking back to me, she's swearing at me!  

I would expect nothing else from my little devil cat

I leave you with some more photos of her, being her.






(this is the pose I was talking about, hips all up and body all compact!)


I do love her dearly

No comments:

Post a Comment