Friday, July 12, 2013

Making another effort- but I have a lot to talk about!

So, it appears that I can't keep this going.  I feel like I have a lot to talk about though.

Here are the things I plan to cover in this blog:

Things I cook
Things I make
Things I do

And whatever else tickles my fancy.

So here's the scoop.  My best friend of 15 years and roommate of 5 years just moved out.  I was bitter.  I cried.  Then I realized I have a whole new room to redecorate to my fancy!

Here's what I've done so far:

Bought a huge oak teacher's desk off of craigslist and refinished it.  It was no easy task but, amazingly I found it fun.  I often find strange things fun.  Like going to the dump up in Meredith and sorting my recycling.  I digress.  Anyway, it was amazing to results from my hard work and I'm thrilled to find that I can actually finish things I start.

Here is my desk before:






After hours of sanding, staining and poly, this is what it looked like after:

You can see that the cat is still enamored with it.   I added to my $10 investment with a $100 piece of glass for the the top and the chair, which I got for five dollars at a yard sale.  I put pictures and memories under the glass, so it's almost like a scrap book.

Here is the final product:

I have to say, I'm just super excited.  It's gotten me back into the job search now that I have a place to base my efforts.   I have an interview next week in fact!  Fingers crossed!  I graduated in May with my MSW and the adjustment from school to, well no school, has been tougher than I imagined.    I need to get back into the field, because I know it's work I love.   For now, I am immersing myself in projects. 

In my next post I will show you the other projects for my office.  Might not be tomorrow though. I am thinking of taking an urban hike and then I have tickets to see Jason Aldean at Fenway park.






No comments:

Post a Comment